Summer 2013 Update
Read more about Operation: Adoption progress:
Where We Were
About a year ago, our family decided to begin the process of adopting a little girl through the state foster program with the help of an agency. Other than what we’ve learned we need to do (and pay) through Christian Family Adoptions, we really have very little information. We completed our application and were accepted, got our fingerprints, dug through our piggy banks, and are preparing for the Home Study process.
We will pay upwards of $4,000 once we’re all said and done with the adoption process. Once the piggy banks were cleaned out – the boys donated money from their Giving Banks – we tallied up:
What we’ve paid:
- $300 Application Free
- $30 for Fingerprinting
We we’ll need to pay:
- $2,000 for Home Study
- $1,700 approximately for court/legal/processing fees
What we’ve received already:
- Two separate $50 Donation
- $57 from the Piggy Banks
How You Can Help
Our extended community is very excited – as our we – and have offered to help. If you are interested, you can do one or more of the following:
- Buy a book or two – 100% of the proceeds from book sales go toward the adoption
- Head over to Wilson Writes Wear and purchase products related to the books
- Donate using the button below!
And stay tuned for updates – we appreciate your support!