My name is Kelly Wilson, and I am lactose intolerant and full of junk-punching hilarity. A Portland, Oregon author and comedian, I’m just trying my best to maintain a reasonable level of sanity while wearing a lot of proverbial hats.
In short, I am a:
- Survivor of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- PTSD Recover-er
- Obsessed Money-Saver
- Author of books, including Live Cheap & Free, Don’t Punch People in the Junk and Caskets From Costco
- a FUNNY person, even when I don’t mean to be
I’ve been told for several years how funny I am – even when I was a teacher, consistent feedback from students would be some form of the sentence, “Mrs. Wilson is strict…but she’s FUNNY.”
So in the summer of 2010, I decided to find out if I was indeed funny by taking a Stand-Up Comedy class at Curious Comedy Theater. In the spring of 2011, I signed up with Time Out! The Mother of All Comedy, where I wrote and regularly performed through open mic nights and an occasional official stand-up show.
Want to know more about me?
- If you want some (almost) daily entertainment, go to the Blog.
- To read a funny book about grief, see Caskets From Costco.
- For a funny book about parenting, click on Junk Punching!
- If you want to save some money with easy strategies, find Live Cheap and Free!
- And if you desire to take a break and watch a funny video or two, see my comedy videos.
Thanks for stopping by!